Wednesday, March 21, 2007

ophthamology madness

sorry about the technical problem:)

my blog has turned back to normal now. but the address didnt. tensen tul.

went to the eye clinic and ward pagi dan ptg. kiasu x? hahaha

terpakse. tomorrow last day leh assess patients kat spital. after that, any ward or clinic visit will be prohibited. apparently for quarantine purposes. cam pasar raye clinic tu pnuh ngn med student carik mangsa. my first patient of the day was this one wheelchair bound lady with diabetic retinopathy. she was initially reluctant to let me do fundoscopy on her eyes since she couldnt stand anymore glares from the opthalmoscope's lights. thanks to dozens of fellow kiasu med students before me. then while practicing my doc-patient communicating skill with her, without any intention to further pursue my errand, i explained to her why suddenly so many of us crowding the clinics, that the osce exam will be next week and we only got tomorrow left to practice on real patients. and may be, just may be, she was so touched by my pathetically-sweet facial expression (hehe perasan kan? ;p;p) that she actually offered me to look into her fundus(inner eye part). she said something like, ' klu mcm tu, buleh la adik, kena berlatih nak periksa, meh tgk meh' - org mengantuk mintak bantal dapat tilam sekali nampak nye hehehe.

sepetang berdiri dlm bilik doktor tu letih gak la. da la tgh sakit perut.. takpe .. demi Ilmu.

No comments: